Poor prior planning produces pitifully poor profits.
(You can take that to the bank!)
We came across an article on this checklist theme for the rapidly approaching fall/Holiday season.
- "There’s a new normal for the traditional peak holiday season: an October kickoff to consumer gift searching and buying."
- "Shoppers are eager to get their lists checked off, which means creating a prep list of your own."
The source, Channel Advisor, describes itself as "having been on the front lines of e-commerce since 2001," so their specific recommendations of course focus a lot of attention on the logistics of managing online shopping.
But these can be useful reminders, particularly for brick-n-mortar retailers who are still adapting to having online selling capability.
- They address the need to review all of your online marketplaces,update the product descriptions, know how to deal with error resolution, check on inbound shipments.
- "Start gathering and optimizing the priority assortment you hope to sell during the upcoming peak season."
- Plus, of course, remember to "outpace the competition" on "excellent customer service" or "faster shipment options."
Their key message is, Where's your checklist for being ready, and where's your timetable to get everything done?
In other words, Retail 101 is now multi-channel.
Just be certain that Retail 101 is alive and well throughout your operation. Now's the time to get that checklist done!
* Time for Holiday Prep Already? You Bet. Channel Advisor, August 5, 2022.