- More "self-service" for the customers (that is, less staff on the floor.)
- Self check-out by the customer.
- Reduced in-store merchandise selection; "Just check our website."
- Limited in-store signage or knowledgeable staff.
- Presumptions that customers will search online for product information, reviews, etc.
- Automated, "menu-driven" phone systems replacing "real people."
- Are these providing more "convenience" for shoppers?
- Improving their shopping experience?
- Or – just shifting the work to them?!